Saturday, April 4, 2009

My Salutatory Speech

The theme "My education: My Contribution to the Future" have been expanded in the form of a welcome address as shown below. Please read.
Our guest speaker, (-Name-) the school president, Mr. Sofio Samaniego, the principal, Ms. Jocelyn Samaniego, the administrator Ms. Elenita Samaniego, guests, teachers, parents, friends, my fellow graduates, a pleasant afternoon.


Welcome to the second Elementary Graduation of our school. Your presence is a pleasure for all of us. A couple of years ago, I was excited of this graduation. Indeed, this is one of my most awaited occasion. In Graduation, we will receive our diploma. You may think of it as the ticket to the good life. Let me ask you to think of an alternative. Think of it as your ticket to change the world. The reason why we need to graduate is because we need to turn occasionally the pages of our lives and graduation is one of its steps. All in all, we need to graduate for us to learn new things and to explore some new places for us to be educated more.

We all know that education is the best legacy and the best weapon in the fulfillment of our dreams and ambitions. Dreams and ambitions that will help us have a brighter future. The values, knowledge and experiences we have gained from this institution can be our guiding light in dealing with the new environment. Let us face every challenge with courage. The patience and firm determination we have learned from our mentors can also help us to achieve our goals in life.

We must be thankful to God for this moment. Let us thank Him for all the people, the extension of His love, His angels that He sent to make sure all that we have now and our future will happen.

In addition, to my Villafranca and Macalaguim Family, thanks for all the support you extended not only to Papa but my Mama, and me too. You taught me the basic lessons of how it is to stand and to take steps in our first walk in our journeys with life. For my Papa and Mama the nurture and the love will always be there. Thank you for all the support in every trial, quests and even some complex problems I encounter. Thank you for giving me the best advices I want to hear to serve as an inspiration to me I love you so much. For Tatay Paping and Tatay Maning, my warmest thanks to you even if you are not here to witness my achievement. For Nanay, thank you for your love and support. Thank you very much.

I believe that the education we have acquired from our Alma matter will equip us in performing our duties and responsibilities as dynamic and productive citizens of our country. Now, as we celebrate these milestones in our young life, let us celebrate this moment with grateful hearts. Our graduation today is our contribution to the future - from the seeds that we are now, will spring bright citizens of our country that will help sustain and make the difference. We will be taking different highways from this little road, we will explore the wide skies from this runway as we take off, we will reach distant shores as we leave this harbor of our elementary school as proud graduates ready to help build the future for the generations to come.

My classmates, as we reach our destinations please let us not forget to look back and send signals to our dear school, that we have reached our destinations and that we have arrived. I know that in every knowledge and wisdom we gain in this school we are about to depart, each of us can contribute to a better future of this generation. Let us all remember that this is not the end; hence, this is just the start of the journey of our success. Let us all welcome high school with smiles in our heart. In behalf of the graduating class of Creative Dreams School Batch 2008-2009, I welcome you all as we reap the rewards of our accomplishments – the diplomas that we had worked hard for. Thank you and may God bless all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment